Hi everybody, my name is Jessica. I’ve been managing UK Talent Support and Billing Department for over a year. I’m a TV addict, a sucker for gadgets, fond of cheese and I like to sit back and unwind (“drums please, summer, summer, summertime”) while sipping rosé on a terrace cafe. I grew up in a Franco-Lebanese household where we breathed, smelled, shared and enjoyed food prepared for a regiment…The recipe I chose to share with you can be tweaked to taste. It is a no-brainer traditional dish which pretty much embodies both cultures and can be served hot or lukewarm.
Omelette aux Courgettes for 2 served with Coriander (or short Termicelli) Rice and Tzatziki style sauce
- Omelette mixture:
- 2 grated large courgettes
- 200 gr of grated mature cheddar (you can choose any hard cheese you fancy)
- 3 whole eggs
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper
- Pour the mixture in a buttered dish
- 200 °C in the oven for 1 hour max.
- After 30 mins keep an eye on it by checking the top of the omelette and poking it with a knife
Tzatziki style sauce
- 500 gr of full fat yogurt
- 1 grated garlic clove (optional)
- Half a cucumber, scoop out the seeds then chop in small pieces
- Dried mint
Coriander (or short vermicelli) rice:
- In a pan add olive oil
- Brown 1-2 grated garlic cloves (optional) with fresh coriander
- Add the Rice, water and bring to the boil.