As many of you know, Casting Networks recently partnered with 20th Century Fox TV and Theatrical to be their exclusive software platform for the casting process. We have been working as quickly as we can to make the transition as efficient as possible for everyone involved. The onboarding process has been a big undertaking, and we really appreciate your patience through this time.
We are aware of the TV and Theatrical actor community’s concerns about having to join and pay for yet another service. While much of the information that has been circulated is inaccurate, we are working as quickly as possible to make Casting Networks’ free offering for repped actors much more robust. Effective immediately, we will:
- Offer an additional free photo for new profiles (2 total)
- Offer free media hosting to upload video reels and clips during this transition
- If you have an existing casting networks profile, we are able to copy your resume, media and photos to any new profile, free of charge if it is on the same platform
Early next year, we will introduce a permanent new free offering that will match or exceed this offering. This is our promise to you. read more
Advanced Search: When accessing Advanced Search from Submissions the “Search” button now includes the bucket name – Unviewed, Viewed, Selects.
Archived Projects: When projects are archived, the attached sides and documents are no longer deleted.
Quick Search: If Agencies have an After Hours phone number listed on their account, that phone number will now appear when you search for the Agency in Quick Search. Also, you can now search for your projects in Quick Search.
Sessions: We have made a number of updates to our Edit Session and Edit Group pages as follows:
- The group timestamps on the Edit Session page now display the timestamp in the time zone the user’s system is set to.
- The Update Order button has been removed. Instead, when a change is made to a group order field the validation fires off once you hit Enter or click outside the field.
- In the Change Video, Change Audio and Add Photos modals the Browse button now reads “Click Here to Select a File”.
- The new file size limit for videos uploaded via Change Video is now 600 MB instead of 300 MB.
- When adding talent on the Edit Group page, you are now prevented from adding duplicate talent to the group.
- When importing media from a talent’s profile on the Edit Group page, the Import Video modal is now scrollable.
Classic Presentation View Updates:
- We have replaced the Quicktime plugin with an html5 player. Because of this, the Quicktime options on the Video Settings menu have also been changed to html5.
- We removed the WMV option as well as the Low Quality options from the Video Settings menu.
- We also removed the WMV option from the Download options menu.
New Presentation View Updates:
- We removed the Low Quality option from the Video Settings menu.
- We also removed the WMV option and the Low Quality option from the Download options menu.
Packages: The Notify Agent button has been modified to no longer become inactive when navigating to different pages of the package.
Submission Notes: We have simplified the workflow of adding Submission Notes to talent. Instead of opening a modal, the text area is now on the Note tab itself.
Casting Networks Downloader: We have developed a new feature, Casting Networks Downloader, which will download all session media from a client link to a folder onto a permitted user’s computer. The Downloader is a separate application that will have to be installed on your computer for use. Once you have the application installed, when you wish to download a session from a client link the Downloader will automatically launch.
New Presentation View: When a permitted user prints a session log from a New Presentation View client link, the Agency Short Code for each talent profile now appears on the report. Talent without agency representation will always display “PUBLIC” as their short code.
Classic Presentation View: On our classic presentation view, we have replaced the Quicktime plugin with the HTML5 player.
– Emailing Project to Casting Billboard: We made updates to the Email Project modal when sending a project to the Casting Billboard. If there are no new roles to send out the Send to Casting Billboard “Yes” checkbox now defaults to being unchecked, as will all of the roles. Also, if the selected Post to Casting Billboard Through date has passed you will not be able to send your roles to the Casting Billboard.
– Submission Notes: To expand or collapse submission notes, you are now able to click anywhere on the submission note box. Additionally, when you view your submissions in Notes View the submission notes are now expanded automatically.
– Worksheet: We updated the schedule links on the worksheet so you are now taken to the exact time slot you select.
– Schedules: Schedules now maintain the previous setting you selected on the Available Talent section after you refresh the page or navigate away and come back.
– Sides: When you download sides from a project, they are now downloaded as the name the Casting Director chose for them.
– Profile Logos: If you have a company logo uploaded and a company website listed in your account: Clicking on the logo on your talents’ profiles will now open your agency’s website in a new window.
– Request Media Instructions: When a Casting Director requests media with your submission, you no longer have to go to the Submit page to see what is required. The instructions for requested media now display on the Project Information page.
– Casting Billboard on Mobile: When viewing the Casting Billboard on a mobile device, making selections on the filter no longer automatically applies those search criteria. Instead, you will now make your selections on the filter and then select the Apply Filters button to fire off the search.
– Audition Tickets: When applicable, audition tickets now include the Callback and Shoot/Performance Note sections.